For those unable to attend in-person, we will continue to offer live worship on our YouTube Channel, every Sunday @10am.
Outdoor Family Worship Service
Join us Sunday mornings at 10:30 am for an Outdoor Family Worship Service. Each week, weather permitting, we will be worshiping together outside through a family-friendly service that will last approximately 45 minutes. The service will include singing adult and children's songs, children's worship, a sermon, and communion on the 1st Sunday of each month. The service takes place in the side parking lot to the left of the church. Registration is required. Please remember to bring your own chairs and/or blankets to sit on.
Indoor Worship Service
You are invited to worship with us Sundays at 10 am. Please see the registration page to register for worship, and to be notified of changes. We will have one service at 10 am. We will continue to live stream for those choosing to worship at home. The information on this page will prepare you for what to expect and the current plans approved by our session in accordance with Governor Northam's "Forward Virginia" plans.
We insist that you not attend if you are sick, if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have a temperature above normal, or if you have been exposed to COVID-19. Symptoms include: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. Again, if you have these symptoms, please stay home and join the live stream.
Here is what you can expect:
- There will be NO Nursery, Children’s Worship, or Sunday School until further notice. However, we will have part of the service address the children though they will remain in their seats.
- Coffee, bagels and water fountains will not be available.
- We will not distribute bulletins, pens, Connect Cards, event flyers, etc. Please download the Church Center app to access Connect Cards and event information.
- You will need to register for the church service here. This is necessary as we cannot accommodate everyone at once.
- In accordance with the governor’s mandate, masks are required. Please bring your own, if you don’t have one then we will provide one for you.
- Check-In is required. Signs will direct you to check-in. Please arrive a few minutes early to check-in and allow us to seat you.
- You will ENTER the building through the patio doors and EXIT the building through the glass doors outside the sanctuary.
- We have removed half the seating in the sanctuary to abide by the social distancing requirements. Your family may sit together. If another family sits on the same row as you there needs to be 3 chairs between you to maintain social distancing. Please be patient and helpful as you are seated.
- We will offer communion on the 1st Sunday of each month. Details on communion are found here.
- Offering baskets will be located outside the sanctuary. Your offering can be dropped in the basket once exiting the sanctuary. Alternatively, you can give electronically here.
- Once the service is over, you will be dismissed by an usher and exit through the glass doors outside the sanctuary.
- You may gather, socially distanced, outside the building. Please be respectful of others, remain distanced, and do not crowd the doors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How are you accommodating the people who are unchurched and may show up to worship for the first time? You certainly aren't turning them away, are you?
- We are requiring registration so that we can maintain 50% capacity. We will cap registration a little below that to allow for visitors and walk-ins.
- Anyone can register-member, regular attender, or visitor. There is no priority given except to those who sign up first.
Why not offer 2 services?
- We evaluate the attendance and need for alternative services each week. If attendance and availability of volunteers allow for a second service, it will be communicated. An increased number of volunteers is required to adequately disinfect the building between any additional services.
What if the registration is full?
- Contact Martha to be added to a waitlist. Please register for the following week.
- You are welcome to set up a lawn chair or sit in your car and watch the live stream on your phone. This allows you to socialize after the service, outdoors, while socially distancing.
How will we maintain social distancing?
- Let’s call it physical distancing. Socially we want to be together.
- We have removed half the chairs so rows are 6’ apart.
- We will also have designated markers blocking off 3 chairs to create 6’ between families.
Will I have to wear a mask?
- Yes, masks are required at all times when in the building. Those on stage are permitted to remove masks when on stage.
Will Spring Run continue to live stream the service?
- We will continue to live stream the service on our YouTube channel.